Gambinos to open in new retail center
Tonganoxie's newest retail development is on target to open in October.
The development will include a Conoco convenience store, a car wash, a liquor store and Gambino's Pizza.
The center is under construction on the north side of U.S. Highway 24-40, just east of the water tower, at the entrance to Stone Creek residential subdivision.
"I think it's about 30 days from opening, assuming everything goes OK," said Steve Kelly, an Overland Park developer who is constructing the building.
Kelly owns 29 acres on the north side of the highway between the water tower and Stone Creek.
The car wash is planned on the south end of the development. Gambino's will occupy a space that's about 1,200 square feet, and the House of Good Spirits will open in about 910 square feet, Kelly said.
The convenience store will include about 3,500 square feet, he added.
"I'm sure the convenience store will open first and the others will follow soon," Kelly said.
More like this story
- Rare diamond: Tonganoxie High baseball competes at ballpark with MLB influence
- Kansas official: Plans not firm for American Royal project in Kansas City
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Gabe Belobrajdic
- Kansas Supreme Court strikes down block grant school funding law
- Kansas Supreme Court to see how new school funding stacks up