Obituary: Ruth L. Glidewell
Services for Ruth L. Glidewell, 82, Toronto, Kan., were Monday, Sept. 22, 2003, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
Mrs. Glidewell, who formerly lived in Leavenworth and Jefferson counties, died Thursday, Sept. 18, 2003, at Allen County Hospital, Iola. She was born Sept. 26, 1921, in Panama, Okla., the daughter of Joseph and Marie (Clay) Muriekes. On Sept. 1, 1945, she married Jack Glidewell in Seguin, Texas. He survives of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Robert Glidewell, Cheyenne, Wyo., and Bernie Glidewell, Kansas City, Kan.; two sisters, Mary Hussey, Lanno, Texas, and Frances McConnel, San Antonio, Texas; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Ex-Kansas State researcher fails to get whistleblower status
- Kansas high school student told Confederate flag not allowed at school
- Kansas Senate plan would hinder university's bonding move
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Kansas budget director accessed state email