Obituary: Ruth L. Glidewell
Services for Ruth L. Glidewell, 82, Toronto, Kan., were Monday, Sept. 22, 2003, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
Mrs. Glidewell, who formerly lived in Leavenworth and Jefferson counties, died Thursday, Sept. 18, 2003, at Allen County Hospital, Iola. She was born Sept. 26, 1921, in Panama, Okla., the daughter of Joseph and Marie (Clay) Muriekes. On Sept. 1, 1945, she married Jack Glidewell in Seguin, Texas. He survives of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Robert Glidewell, Cheyenne, Wyo., and Bernie Glidewell, Kansas City, Kan.; two sisters, Mary Hussey, Lanno, Texas, and Frances McConnel, San Antonio, Texas; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Kansas State researches using drones to protect crops