Obituary: Ruth L. Glidewell
Services for Ruth L. Glidewell, 82, Toronto, Kan., were Monday, Sept. 22, 2003, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
Mrs. Glidewell, who formerly lived in Leavenworth and Jefferson counties, died Thursday, Sept. 18, 2003, at Allen County Hospital, Iola. She was born Sept. 26, 1921, in Panama, Okla., the daughter of Joseph and Marie (Clay) Muriekes. On Sept. 1, 1945, she married Jack Glidewell in Seguin, Texas. He survives of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Robert Glidewell, Cheyenne, Wyo., and Bernie Glidewell, Kansas City, Kan.; two sisters, Mary Hussey, Lanno, Texas, and Frances McConnel, San Antonio, Texas; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- Large, $4.7M bulk solids research plant opens in Salina
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients