Obituary: Billie A. Ward
Services for Billie A. Ward, 70, Tonganoxie, were Monday, April 12, 2004, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial was in Maple Grove Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Ward died Thursday, April 8, 2004, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Lawrence. He was born Dec. 17, 1933, in Linwood.
He served in the Army and was a farmer. In 1996, Mr. Ward retired from Quaker Oats Co., Lawrence.
On July 2,1960, he married Mary Agnes Kissinger. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a brother, Stewart Ward, Tupelo, Okla.; a sister, Betty Lou Murphy, Honolulu; 10 nieces and nephews; and 13 great-nieces and great-nephews.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Heart Association, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie pays respects to longtime doctor at visitation
- Father-son altercation leads to 5-hour Tonganoxie standoff
- McLouth High basketball teams open winter with new coaches
- Motorcycle-vehicle wreck near Tonganoxie sends 2 to KU Hospital
- Tonganoxie coach calls for better play after 6-0 soccer shutout