Obituary: Ronald Dale Shirey Sr.
Services for Ronald Dale "Ronnie" Shirey Sr., 62, Bonner Springs, were Saturday, April 10, 2004, at Alden-Harrington Funeral Home in Bonner Springs, followed by burial in the Bonner Springs Cemetery.
Mr. Shirey died last Wednesday, April 7, 2004, at his home. He was born Jan. 6, 1942, in Oklahoma City and was raised in Edwardsville.
He had worked as a pressman for Tabco Inc. and later worked and retired from Inland Cold Storage, both in Turner. He married his wife, Salli, on Nov. 27, 1982. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Ronald D. Shirey Jr., Livonia, Minn.; three daughters Robyn Anderson, Garnett, Kim Smith, Basehor, and Kara Trent, Bonner Springs; his mother, Pauline Hicks, Edwardsville; three brothers, Paul Shirey, McLouth, Lawrence Hicks, Bonner Springs, and Curtis Hicks, Lenexa; and 12 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister, Sharon Hicks, and an infant brother, March Hicks.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Leaven-worth Hospice, sent in care of Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak, Bonner Springs 66012.
More like this story
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits