Obituary: Warrene Gibbens
Graveside services for Warrene Gibbens, 83, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, April 10, 2004, at Maple Grove Cemetery in Lecompton.
Mrs. Gibbens died Wednesday, April 7, 2004, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center, Tonganoxie. She was born Oct. 4, 1920, in Martin, S.D., the daughter of George Warren and Elsie Mae (Skalinder) Spaulding.
Mrs. Gibbens was a 1944 graduate of Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill., and a member of St. Margaret's Episcopal Church in Lawrence. On Jan. 7, 1945, she married Denzel R. Gibbens in Lawrence. He died April 12, 1991.
Survivors include two sons, Michael D. Gibbens and Denzel W. Gibbens, both of Tonganoxie; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Arthritis Foundation or Tonganoxie U.S.D. 464 Scholarship Foundation, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal