Crash sends drivers to hospital
An accident at U.S. Highway 24-40 and 166th Street sent two men to the University of Kansas Hospital last Wednesday.
The accident occurred about 3:53 p.m. when Aaron Michael Odegard, 26, Overland Park, was driving a 1999 Jeep Cherokee south on 166th Street. Odegard failed to yield and pulled out in front of a 1994 Ford Truck driven by Bryan R. Whitmill, 37, Tonganoxie. Whitmill was driving west on the highway when the accident occurred.
Odegard's vehicle rolled two or three times, while Whitmill's vehicle spun and came to rest in the median. Odegard's Jeep also came to rest in the median where both vehicles faced east.
Officials had to remove the top of the Jeep to get Odegard out of the vehicle.
Whitmill was treated and released that day at the University of Kansas Hospital. Odegard was life-flighted to the hospital where he was released Sunday.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie basketball teams sweep Heritage Christian
- On course for THS: Tonganoxie cross country teams win home meet, take 5th at Rim Rock Classic
- Getting warmed up for Tonganoxie winter sports
- Kobach seeks end to lawsuit against Kansas citizenship rule
- Leaders of the pack for Tonganoxie cross country