Obituary: Alfreda L. Nelson
Services for Alfreda L. Nelson, 93, a former Kansas City, Kan., resident, were Saturday, August 7, 2004, at the Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan. Burial was in Bonner Springs Cemetery.
Mrs. Nelson died last Wednesday, August 4, 2004, at Rolling Hills Retirement Community, Topeka, where she lived. She was born Jan. 26, 1911, in Wyandotte County, the daughter of Guy V. and Johanna Bachnick Dunlap.
She graduated from Tonganoxie High School and trained in Kansas City to become a cosmetologist. She worked as a cosmetologist for may years in Kansas City, Palo Alto, Calif., and in Tonganoxie, before her retirement.
She was a member of the Emmaus Lutheran Church of Bonner Springs, where she volunteered.
Her husband, Victor E. Nelson, died Jan. 22, 1990.
Survivors include a sister, Ruth Roessel, Golden, Texas, and many nieces and nephews.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Heart of America Hospice, 3715 S.W. 29th St., Topeka 66601.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it