Obituary: Alfreda L. Nelson
Services for Alfreda L. Nelson, 93, a former Kansas City, Kan., resident, were Saturday, August 7, 2004, at the Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan. Burial was in Bonner Springs Cemetery.
Mrs. Nelson died last Wednesday, August 4, 2004, at Rolling Hills Retirement Community, Topeka, where she lived. She was born Jan. 26, 1911, in Wyandotte County, the daughter of Guy V. and Johanna Bachnick Dunlap.
She graduated from Tonganoxie High School and trained in Kansas City to become a cosmetologist. She worked as a cosmetologist for may years in Kansas City, Palo Alto, Calif., and in Tonganoxie, before her retirement.
She was a member of the Emmaus Lutheran Church of Bonner Springs, where she volunteered.
Her husband, Victor E. Nelson, died Jan. 22, 1990.
Survivors include a sister, Ruth Roessel, Golden, Texas, and many nieces and nephews.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Heart of America Hospice, 3715 S.W. 29th St., Topeka 66601.
More like this story
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- 60 years strong: Tonganoxie physician marks milestone
- Some Tonganoxie residents unhappy with roaming buffalo