Voter registration open through Oct. 18
Voter registration books are open again in Leavenworth County and will remain open until 5 p.m. Oct. 18.
Registration is available at a number of locations throughout the county in advance of the Nov. 2 general election.
Anyone who is 18 is eligible to register. In addition, anyone who has changed their name or moved is required to re-register.
Advance voting for the general election begins Oct. 13 in Leavenworth County.
Here is a list of voter registration sites and the times they're open, provided by Leavenworth County Clerk Linda Scheer's office:
- County Clerk's Office, Courthouse, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- City Clerk's Office, City Hall, Leavenworth, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- City Clerk's Office, City Hall, Lansing, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- City Clerk's Office, City Hall, Basehor, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- City Clerk's Office, City Hall, Easton, 8 a.m. to noon Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 8 a.m. to noon, first Saturday of the month.
- City Clerk's Office, City Hall, Linwood, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 9 a.m. to noon, second Saturday of the month.
- City Clerk's Office, City Hall, Tonganoxie, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Leavenworth County Annex, Highway 24-40 and Laming Road, Tonganoxie, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Voter registration is available at these sites during their regular business hours:
- Leavenworth Public Library, 417 Spruce, Leavenworth.
- Basehor Community Library, 2812 N. 155th St., Basehor.
- Linwood Library, 302 Main, Linwood.
- Tonganoxie Public Library, 303 Bury, Tonganoxie.
- Riverside Resources, Inc., 7 North Third St., Leavenworth
- SRS, 515 Limit, Leavenworth.
- VFW, VA Center, Leavenworth.
- Leavenworth County Health Department, 500 Eisenhower, Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating