Accident claims life of KC man
A 46-year-old Kansas City man was killed Friday morning in a two-vehicle accident west of Leavenworth.
According to the Leavenworth County sheriff's office, Darrell G. Holman, Kansas City, Mo., was driving west on U.S. Highway 73, when a vehicle driven by Deana D. Woodward, 46, Leavenworth, failed to stop at a stop sign at Leavenworth County Road 33 and collided with the driver's side of Holman's vehicle.
Holman, who was not wearing a seat belt, was taken by air ambulance to Cushing Hospital in Leavenworth, where he died. Woodward was not injured, reports said.
The accident occurred about 9:45 a.m. Friday.
Leavenworth County sheriff's Sgt. Andy Dedeke said the investigation into the fatality accident is continuing. He said no citations have been issued, but it is possible that could occur.
More like this story
- Teeing off with Tonganoxie High golf
- Masterful day for Tonganoxie High golf as Chieftains win 1st KVL title since 2012
- Tonganoxie High golfers take 2nd at Atchison Invitational
- 'Almost Golf' tournament at Tonganoxie High set for Oct. 1
- Tonganoxie, McLouth student-athletes named to all-Lawrence Journal-World teams