THS track refurbishing gives complex new look for upcoming school year
The track at Beatty Field will provide a fresh look for fans as they attend Tonganoxie High football games this fall.
Workers from McConnell and Associates, Kansas City, Mo., put a new layer on the black rubberized track last week.
The group also put a permanent surface on the long jump/triple jump runways.
Previously, the runways had portable rubber surfaces.
The project, with a price tag of $15,000, also will include white lane numbers with red bordering, THS athletics director Brandon Parker said. The original numbers did not include red outlining.
In addition, asphalt was laid in the fieldhouse parking lot southeast of the football field. The parking lot received the facelift at the same time the junior high school parking lots were revamped, although the parking lot originally had a rock surface.
The renovations are the first major upkeeps other than new grass on the field since a new press box and bleachers, track and fieldhouse were built five years ago.
More like this story
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Clay Center Zoo raising funds to stay open
- Tonganoxie girls golf puts finishing touches on inaugural season at Spring Hill regional
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Topeka offers $500K push to revive shopping centers