Youth extends helping hand on climbing wall
Albert Miller didn't take to the climbing wall to become a hero.
He just likes to climb.
So last Thursday at the Leavenworth County Fair when a young girl froze on the wall and was afraid to move, Albert, who is 7, went to her rescue.
"Mom told me to go on the other side and get the girl," Albert said. "I told her to grab my hand, then I went down and a man on the ground grabbed her."
And did young Albert stick around for a hero's welcome?
"No, I just went back up again," he said.
But his mother, LaDonna Miller, said that trip wasn't as successful as his first.
"On his second round, he got up there and then he slipped," she said.
But in the end, all was well. The girl was safe, and Albert received a T-shirt for his bravery.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas to hold meetings, consider options for drone usage