Obituary: E. Marie Carlson
Graveside services for E. Marie Carlson, 88, Lawrence were Monday, Nov. 29, 2004, at Maple Grove Cemetery, Lecompton. Mrs. Carlson died Nov. 23, 2004, at Presbyterian Manor nursing home in Lawrence.
She had lived in Lawrence since 1938.
She was born on June 22, 1916, in Enid, Okla., the daughter of Vernon and Mary Etta Moore Williams.
She worked as an assembler at Hallmark Cards and later at Stokley Van-Kamp, both in Lawrence. She also assisted her husband for many years, working on their farm northeast of Lawrence.
On June 5, 1938, she married Elmer "E.C." Carlson in Olathe. He died July 8, 1990.
Survivors include a son, Chris Carlson, McLouth; a daughter, Darla Cox, Lawrence; three sisters, Thel Merriman, Sybil Morris and Ann May, Hiawatha; five grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society, sent in care of Warren-McElwain Mortuary, 120 W. 13th St., Lawrence 66044. Online condolences may be sent to email@example.com subject: Carlson.
More like this story
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Kansas lawmakers reviewing bill to liberalize marijuana laws
- Kansas Senate panel struggles with medical marijuana measure
- Kansas Supreme Court voids Wichita marijuana ordinance
- Kansas attorney general seeks data on Colorado legal marijuana entering state