Obituary: Harry Glen Zacharias
Services for Harry Glen Zacharias, 82, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, Nov. 27, 2004, at Tonganoxie Christian Church. Burial was in Round Prairie Cemetery, Lowemont.
Mr. Zacharias died Nov. 22, 2004, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center. He was born on July 22, 1922, in Oak Mills, the son of Frank R. and Anna J. (Fisher) Zacharias.
He married Nellie (McBride) Davies on March 2, 1952, in Atchison.
He worked as a dairy farmer until 1960, and then for the Kansas Department of Transportation, where he retired after 22 years of service. He was a member of Tonganoxie Christian Church and a member of the International Order of Odd Fellows in Lancaster. He also served as deacon of the Wallula Christian Church, Lansing.
Survivors include his wife, of the home; two sons, William H. Zacharias, Clay Center, and Frank R. Zacharias, Kansas City, Kan.; two daughters, Doris L. Schoeck, Emporia, and Rhonda J. Owens, Reeds, Mo.; three sisters, Emma Hubartt, St. Petersburg, Fla., Mary Shuffleburger, Lancaster, and Hazel Myers, Houston; 15 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
A son, Steve D. Zacharias, died Sunday, Nov. 28, 2004.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kobach says Kansas attracted most new businesses since 2003
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it