Damage continues at park
Elmer Tanking hasn't received any tips about who stole Christmas-light timers from VFW Park.
What's worse, problems at the park have escalated.
Tanking said Monday that someone has removed light bulbs from a memorial sign near the Mayor's Christmas tree "as far as they could reach."
"I can't believe it," Tanking said.
Tanking is offering a $25 reward for information regarding the timers that were taken from the park, but he hasn't fielded any phone calls about the reward.
"They're still doing some activity down there," Tanking said about the vandals.
The park is supposed to be closed to the public after dark, but some people apparently are disregarding the rule.
Anyone with information regarding the thefts is asked to call Tanking, (913) 369-2173 or (816) 223-8540.
More like this story
- Kansas constitution protects abortion rights, appeals court rules
- After 149 years, Kansas lawmakers still grappling with 14th Amendment
- Kansas lawmakers consider measure to require parental consent for sex ed
- Kansas lawmakers debating measures to limit refugees
- Brownback predicts 'a lot of strain that's going to be continuing' for Kansas