McLouth learning center closing
Children came to McLouth's YES Learning Center for the final time this morning.
The nonprofit Youth Educational Services Inc. announced last week that it would be closing its doors at the end of the day today.
The day-care center was built more than two years ago at 109 N. Union St.
Angela Coulter, president of the center's board of directors, on Monday declined to comment on why the center had to close, but said it was a difficult time for her.
"It is a big loss to the community of McLouth," Coulter said.
The center has provided educational and child-care services to children, ages infant through 10. That includes infant and toddler care, a preschool program and an after-school program. Roughly 40 children were enrolled at the center.
More like this story
- Kansas' criminal forfeiture law, among nation's toughest, faces bipartisan effort to change
- Kansas bill to impeach top court judges advances in Senate; would allow impeachment of governor, too
- Efforts to repeal Kansas death penalty may be stymied by U.S. Supreme Court's ruling
- Kansas lawmakers debating measures to limit refugees
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit