Obituary: Genevieve Skaggs
Services for Genevieve Skaggs, 90, Leavenworth, were Saturday, Dec. 4, 2004, at Charter Funerals Sunset Memory Chapel in Leavenworth. Burial was in Sunset Memory Gardens Cemetery.
Mrs. Skaggs died Dec. 1, 2004, at Midwest Homeplace, Leavenworth. She was born March 29, 1914, in Scipio, one of 11 children born to Leo and Mary Rockers.
She married Veral W. Skaggs on April 18, 1936, in Kansas City. He survives at Midwest Homeplace in Leavenworth.
Other survivors include a daughter, Joan Lowe, Leavenworth; a son, Robert, Oskaloosa; eight grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; one brother; and three sisters. She was preceded in death by a daughter, Verlene McKinzie.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Southern Care Inc. Hospice, 1440 Wakarusa Drive, Suite 900, Lawrence 66049.
More like this story
- Former Johnson County elections chief used used political ties to limit voting
- Former Johnson County election commissioner slammed in ethics audit
- Majority of Kansas precinct seats empty for both parties
- Incumbent Bixby hopes for another term as crowded primary looms Tuesday
- 2016: A year of changes in Tonganoxie