Tonganoxie girls overwhelm Osawatomie
Boys lose low-scoring affair in OT
Ali Pistora, Madison Weller and Addie Heim all scored in double figures as Tonganoxie routed Osawatomie, 59-22, in the first round of the Ike Cearfoss Basketball Tournament at Central Heights.
Tonganoxie shut out Osawatomie in the second quarter and built a 33-8 halftime lead.
The Chieftains (2-0) now will face former Kaw Valley League member De Soto at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Central Heights. De Soto defeated Central Heights, 65-33, on Tuesday.
The Tonganoxie boys played in nearby Osawatomie in the Trojan Tip-off against host Osawatomie.
A Kirk Rodell three-pointer tied the game with four seconds left in regulation, but the Trojans outlasted the Chieftians, 51-45, in overtime. Rodell led all scoreres with 20.
Tonganoxie (0-2) will take on De Soto at 5 p.m. Thursday. The Wildcats fell to Central Heights, 61-51, on Tuesday.
More like this story
- Kansas officials won't be charged in case of man wrongfully imprisoned for murder
- Kansas court's approval of death sentence not seen as shift
- Kansas' criminal forfeiture law, among nation's toughest, faces bipartisan effort to change
- Officials investigating, increasing security measures after threatenting message found in Tonganoxie High School bathroom
- Efforts to repeal Kansas death penalty may be stymied by U.S. Supreme Court's ruling