Korb notches first collegiate start
Andrea Korb registered her first collegiate start Dec. 11 against St. Mary's (Minn.) for Carleton College, an NCAA Division III school in Northfield, Minn.
Korb, a 2001 Tonganoxie High graduate, scored five points and four rebounds in the Knights' 57-42 victory. The Carleton junior is averaging 3.6 points and 2.6 rebounds through eight games.
Carleton now is 5-3 overall and 5-0 in the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. The Knights, ranked No. 12 in the D3hoops.com preseason poll, started the season 0-3 after a West Coast trip to Washington and Oregon. But Carleton has reeled off five consecutive victories back home in Minnesota and enters the winter break atop the MIAC.
The Knights return to action Jan. 3 when they host the conference's only other undefeated team league play, Gustavus Adolphus College.
Carleton has won two consecutive MIAC regular-season titles and has won the last four tournament championships.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action