Obituary: Hyrum H. Huskey Sr.
A memorial service for Hyrum Hale Huskey Sr., 82, Mustang, Okla., will be at 11 a.m. Feb. 21, 2004, at Archie Baptist Church, Archie, Mo.
Mr. Huskey died Jan. 21, 2004, at a nursing home in Yukon, Okla. He was born April 2, 1921, in Cameron, Mo., the son of Walter and Ellen Day Huskey.
He grew up in Missouri, where he lived most of his life before moving to Tonganoxie and then to Oklahoma. He was a retired truck driver for both United Transport and Jack Cooper Transport.
He served in the U.S. Marine Corps and was a member of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
His wife of 35 years, Mary Huskey, and a son, Martin Huskey, preceded him in death.
Survivors include his wife, Doris Bauer-Huskey, Mustang, Okla.; three sons, Hyrum Huskey Jr., Turner Falls, Mass., James Huskey, Prolon, Mont., and Richard Huskey, Lubbock; three daughters, Verna Huskey, Lee's Summit, Mo., Dianne Reimal, Archie, Mo., and Mary DeLozier, Lee's Summit; 11 grandchildren; and eight great-great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures