Obituary: Lida M. Bailey
Services for Lida M. Bailey, 84, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, Jan. 31, 2004, at Tonganoxie Christian Church. Burial was in Mount Muncie Cemetery in Leavenworth.
Mrs. Bailey died Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2004, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. She was born April 16, 1919, in Wallula, Kan., the daughter of William and Grace (Stuckey) Wiehe.
She was past matron of Rinda Chapter 82, Order of Eastern Star, Tonganoxie; a member of the Order of the White Shrine of Jerusalem, Leavenworth; past worthy high priestess of the Rosarium Shrine 17, Leavenworth; a member of the Ancient Toltec Rite, Topeka Council 1; and a member of Order of the True Kindred of Kansas, Conclave 10, Kansas City, Kan.
On April 16, 1936, she married Clyde F. Bailey. He died on Dec. 18, 1995.
Survivors include a son, Larry Dean Bailey, Tonganoxie; four daughters, Marjorie Grace Jacobsen, Denver, Donna Rae Maes, Basehor, Sadie Ann Coffman, Tonganoxie, and Nancy Carol Jackson, Basehor; a brother, Sherman Wiehe, Kansas City, Kan.; two sisters Anita Tooley, Ogden, Utah, and Bonnie Wiehe, Leavenworth; 13 grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Face to Face: New Tonganoxie Public Libary board member Loralee Stevens
- Tonganoxie EAST group celebrates year with storyteller
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Weigh in on Kansas Day with The Mirror and social media
- Kansas mental hospital overtime hours 'appalling,' documents say