Our view: High school squad deserves high praise
The Tonganoxie High School debate squad is a remarkable group of young people.
Think about it: Year after year, under the tutelage of coach Steve Harrell, the debaters excel. Their achievements are a testament to their hard work and dedication. Those achievements, of course, also can be traced back to Harrell's commitment to excellence.
But it's the students who are on the front line. And it's the students who have poured hours and hours of prep time into their arguments. It is the students who have worked day after day in "the cave," the school's debate room.
And so, again during the 2003-2004 school year, THS debaters have won accolades for their skills. And what a feeling that must be for those talented students. A great feeling.
And what a feeling it must be for other talented students from other schools to see that they're facing Tonganoxie debaters. Not a great feeling.
Our debaters deserve a huge pat on the back for their hard work and for their successes. They're truly a special bunch.
More like this story
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Lawmakers question Kansas policy on tax credit information