Fire destroys Tonganoxie home
A fire that apparently started in the basement of a Tonganoxie residence left one family without a home Tuesday evening.
Tonganoxie police dispatch Mike Vestal said firefighters responded to the house fire about 8:10 p.m. at 901 Somers, the home of Bob and Cheryl Poje. Firefighters had to attack the fire from the outside for more than three hours as the blaze left the home at a total loss.
Although family members were inside the house at the time of the fire, they evacuated safely.
More like this story
- Linwood News: Bingo night Saturday; hydrant flushing reminder; breakout at library; fall garden exchange
- Alumni banquets are Saturday for Tonganoxie, McLouth
- The Columnists: Jarbalo Jottings, Linwood News and McLouth Happenings
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Cowboy event moseying in this weekend into Tonganoxie