Obituary: James M. “Kid” Carter
Graveside services for James M. "Kid" Carter, 84, Tonganoxie, were Friday, Feb. 6, 2004, at Edwardsville Cemetery in Edwardsville.
Mr. Carter, died Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2004, at his home in Tonganoxie. He was born in Caldwell County, Mo., and had lived in the Kansas City area most of his life. He hauled milk for many years and later worked as a toll collector for the Kansas Turnpike Authority until he retired.
His wife, Catherine D. Carter, died in 1998.
Survivors include two daughters, Karen K. Brown and Kathryn D. Carter, both of the home; a brother, Glenn Carter, San Antonio, Texas; two grandsons, four great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
Highland Park Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan., handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce president Steve Christensen
- Tonganoxie City Council holds off on excise tax decision for church
- Tonganoxie City Council hears preferences for new police station
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push