Obituary: James M. “Kid” Carter
Graveside services for James M. "Kid" Carter, 84, Tonganoxie, were Friday, Feb. 6, 2004, at Edwardsville Cemetery in Edwardsville.
Mr. Carter, died Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2004, at his home in Tonganoxie. He was born in Caldwell County, Mo., and had lived in the Kansas City area most of his life. He hauled milk for many years and later worked as a toll collector for the Kansas Turnpike Authority until he retired.
His wife, Catherine D. Carter, died in 1998.
Survivors include two daughters, Karen K. Brown and Kathryn D. Carter, both of the home; a brother, Glenn Carter, San Antonio, Texas; two grandsons, four great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
Highland Park Funeral Home, Kansas City, Kan., handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Large, $4.7M bulk solids research plant opens in Salina
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary