Obituary: Marjorie Mae Mercer
Services for Marjorie Mae Mercer, 85, formerly of Tawas City, Mich., will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 12, 2004, at First Baptist Church in Tawas City.
Mrs. Mercer died Friday, Feb. 6, 2004, at Brandon Woods retirement community, Lawrence. She was born April 17, 1918, in Charleston, Ark., the daughter of Harvey and Mary (Ellis) Smith. She had worked as a bank teller. In 1994, her husband, the Rev. Charles E. Mercer Sr., preceded her in death.
Survivors include a son, Charles E. Mercer Jr., Houghton Lake, Mich.; two daughters, Elizabeth M. Teeple, Ledyard, Conn., and Barbara Dale, Tonganoxie; 10 grandchildren, 20 great-grandchildren; and 28 great-great-grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled local arrangements.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 holds line on mill rate; Smith resigns from board
- Tonganoxie school board begins superintendent search groundwork
- Visitors flock to see sunflower sensation south of Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie USD 464 sets superintendent meetings; principal hired; longtime ag/FFA adviser stepping down
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Michelle McGhee