Obituary: Marjorie Mae Mercer
Services for Marjorie Mae Mercer, 85, formerly of Tawas City, Mich., will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 12, 2004, at First Baptist Church in Tawas City.
Mrs. Mercer died Friday, Feb. 6, 2004, at Brandon Woods retirement community, Lawrence. She was born April 17, 1918, in Charleston, Ark., the daughter of Harvey and Mary (Ellis) Smith. She had worked as a bank teller. In 1994, her husband, the Rev. Charles E. Mercer Sr., preceded her in death.
Survivors include a son, Charles E. Mercer Jr., Houghton Lake, Mich.; two daughters, Elizabeth M. Teeple, Ledyard, Conn., and Barbara Dale, Tonganoxie; 10 grandchildren, 20 great-grandchildren; and 28 great-great-grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled local arrangements.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?