Obituary: Marjorie Mae Mercer
Services for Marjorie Mae Mercer, 85, formerly of Tawas City, Mich., will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 12, 2004, at First Baptist Church in Tawas City.
Mrs. Mercer died Friday, Feb. 6, 2004, at Brandon Woods retirement community, Lawrence. She was born April 17, 1918, in Charleston, Ark., the daughter of Harvey and Mary (Ellis) Smith. She had worked as a bank teller. In 1994, her husband, the Rev. Charles E. Mercer Sr., preceded her in death.
Survivors include a son, Charles E. Mercer Jr., Houghton Lake, Mich.; two daughters, Elizabeth M. Teeple, Ledyard, Conn., and Barbara Dale, Tonganoxie; 10 grandchildren, 20 great-grandchildren; and 28 great-great-grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled local arrangements.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County Commission votes down Patriot highway plans
- Tonganoxie USD 464 holds line on mill rate; Smith resigns from board
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie school board begins superintendent search groundwork
- Visitors flock to see sunflower sensation south of Tonganoxie