Obituary: Marjorie Mae Mercer
Services for Marjorie Mae Mercer, 85, formerly of Tawas City, Mich., will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 12, 2004, at First Baptist Church in Tawas City.
Mrs. Mercer died Friday, Feb. 6, 2004, at Brandon Woods retirement community, Lawrence. She was born April 17, 1918, in Charleston, Ark., the daughter of Harvey and Mary (Ellis) Smith. She had worked as a bank teller. In 1994, her husband, the Rev. Charles E. Mercer Sr., preceded her in death.
Survivors include a son, Charles E. Mercer Jr., Houghton Lake, Mich.; two daughters, Elizabeth M. Teeple, Ledyard, Conn., and Barbara Dale, Tonganoxie; 10 grandchildren, 20 great-grandchildren; and 28 great-great-grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled local arrangements.
More like this story
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives