Library patrons vote on bonds
Basehor voters will cast their ballots April 6 on a $3.79 million bond issue that would finance a new Basehor Community Library on 158th Street.
Last Wednesday, the Basehor Community Library Board of Trustees unanimously approved the estimated price for the new library. The estimated cost adopted Wednesday is $3.85 million, slightly higher than the amount of the bond issue. The library will pay the difference from a capital improvement fund, officials said.
For the last year, the library board of trustees has met to discuss building a new facility on land on 158th Street donated by Basehor residents Ray and Anne Breuer.
The current library, 2812 N. 155th Street, has been in the city's downtown district since the library's founding in 1986.
Carla Kaiser, library director, said the library soon will begin campaigning for the bond issue.
More like this story
- 60 years strong: Tonganoxie physician marks milestone
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Tonganoxie celebrates new Good Shepherd building
- Face to Face: Vintage Park's Julie Hansen
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event