Obituary: Robert D. Mark
Services for Robert D. Mark, 75, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, Feb. 14, 2004, at Quisenberry Funeral Home Chapel, Tonganoxie. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mr. Mark died Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2004, at Shawnee Mission Medical Center, Shawnee. He was born Jan. 3, 1929, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of Lee and Edith (Fail) Mark.
He retired in 1991 after 39 years of service as a store supervisor for Gas Service Co. Kansas City, Mo. Mr. Mark was a U.S. Army veteran who served in the Korean War. He attended West Haven Baptist Church, Tonganoxie.
He married Fala Ellen Bowers on July 2,1949 in Falls City, Neb. She died on May 15, 2001.
Survivors include two sons, Steven S. Mark, Rogersville, Mo., and Douglas B. Mark, McLouth; a daughter, Andrea L. Putthoff, Tonganoxie; a brother Richard Mark, Topeka; 10 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to West Haven Baptist Church.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High seniors receive scholarships at awards night
- Graduations Saturday at THS, McLouth
- Tonganoxie Hall of Fame class recognized Friday at Myers Hotel
- Tonganoxie High to stage 'Twelve Angry Jurors' for final night tonight
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events