Couple’s first baby born on New Year’s
Ashley Lindsay was confident her baby would be born this month, but she wasn't anticipating a New Year's baby.
Ayden Jace Thornton was born at 2:27 p.m. Thursday at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. -- about 2 1/2 weeks before his due date.
"It was unexpected," said Lindsay, who lives north of Tonganoxie.
Ayden was named winner of The Mirror's First Baby of the New Year Contest.
Cody Thornton, Ayden's father, thought Ashley would have the first baby of the new year at the hospital as well, but another woman had her child Thursday morning.
Ayden weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long when he was born on New Year's Day.
His grandparents are Craig and Jeanne Thornton, Tonganoxie, Kelly and Steve Horton, McLouth, and Kim and Dennis Lindsay, Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- At the helm in Tonganoxie
- Kansas education's new vision focuses on nonacademic skills
- Patron surveys available until May 3 for superintendent search
- New Leavenworth County Annex open house is today in Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie USD 464 sets superintendent meetings; principal hired; longtime ag/FFA adviser stepping down