Couple’s first baby born on New Year’s
Ashley Lindsay was confident her baby would be born this month, but she wasn't anticipating a New Year's baby.
Ayden Jace Thornton was born at 2:27 p.m. Thursday at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. -- about 2 1/2 weeks before his due date.
"It was unexpected," said Lindsay, who lives north of Tonganoxie.
Ayden was named winner of The Mirror's First Baby of the New Year Contest.
Cody Thornton, Ayden's father, thought Ashley would have the first baby of the new year at the hospital as well, but another woman had her child Thursday morning.
Ayden weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long when he was born on New Year's Day.
His grandparents are Craig and Jeanne Thornton, Tonganoxie, Kelly and Steve Horton, McLouth, and Kim and Dennis Lindsay, Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers