Obituary: Edward Max Scheller
Services for Edward Max Scheller, 77, Basehor, were Dec. 30, 2003, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Leavenworth. Private burial was in Mount Muncie Cemetery.
Mr. Scheller died Dec. 23, 2003, at Leavenworth Homestead, Leavenworth. He was born June 9, 1926, in Basehor, the son of Ruby and Max Scheller.
Mr. Scheller married Betty VanTuyl on March 10, 1947. He farmed with his father for 20 years. He later worked at the Kansas City Star for 27 years. He was one of the first firemen in Basehor and he was the first person to drive the fire truck on its first run. From 1945 to 1973, Mr. Scheller kept the clock during basketball games at Basehor High School.
Survivors include his wife of the home; two sons, Larry Scheller and David Scheller, both of Basehor; six grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and one godchild.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Trinity House or Trinity Lutheran Church, 2101 10th Ave., Leavenworth, 66048.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council holds off on excise tax decision for church
- Chronic wasting disease spreads to 6 more Kansas counties
- Troublesome zebra mussels found in Wellington lake
- Some Wichita city officials open to discuss Confederate flag
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie