Valley Falls awarded 2A substate
Valley Falls will be one of eight Class 2A substate basketball tournament sites.
And McLouth will be one of eight teams in that bracket.
The Kansas State Activities Association recently released what teams would be playing and the location of the games when the postseason begins March 4.
The Bulldog boys will be in the same bracket with two state teams from a year ago. Last year's 2A state champion, Jackson Heights, will be at Valley Falls, as will Immaculata, a 3A state team last season. The Raiders dropped to 2A this season.
Also in the tournament will be Horton, Troy, Valley Falls, Wathena and Jefferson County North.
In the girls bracket, Horton returns this season after losing to eventual champion Moundridge in overtime at last year's state quarterfinals in Manhattan.
Both McLouth teams played Tuesday at Kansas City Christian in Prairie Village and will play at Highland on Friday.
The Bulldog boys are 3-2 on the season; the girls stand at 2-3.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures