Obituary: Ralph A. Duffin
Services for Ralph A. Duffin, 96, Leavenworth, were Friday, Jan. 9, 2004, at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Leavenworth, with the Rev. David McEvoy officiating. Burial followed in Mount Calvary Cemetery.
Mr. Duffin died Jan. 6, 2004, at St. John Hospital in Leavenworth. He was born Oct. 22, 1907, in the Kickapoo area of Leavenworth County, the son of Daniel H. and Catherine H. (Smith) Duffin.
He married Kay J. Bolewski on Oct. 1, 1947, at St. Casimir Catholic Church of Leaven-worth. She died on July 31, 1987.
Mr. Duffin retired in 1970 from the Fort Leavenworth school system, where he worked in maintenance. He was a member of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church of Leaven-worth and the Kansas Livestock Association.
Survivors include a son, Anthony D. Duffin, Leaven-worth; Tony's girlfriend and Ralph's caregiver, Lorna Brooks, Platte City, Mo.; and a granddaughter.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the church or to St. John Home Health, sent in care of Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Sixth and Olive, Leavenworth.
More like this story
- 'Cinderella' to be staged later this month
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event