Glenn Dallas Curtis
Services for Glenn Dallas Curtiss, 57, Leavenworth, were Monday, Jan. 19, 2004, at Quisenberry Chapel, Tongan-oxie, with the Rev. Bud Jones officiating. Burial was in Mount Sidney Cemetery, Linwood.
Mr. Curtiss died Friday, Jan. 16, 2004, at St. John Hospital, Leavenworth. He was born Aug. 24,1946, in Leavenworth, the son of Clarence and Cloviss (Winkelman) Curtiss.
He was an army veteran of the Viet Nam War. Mr. Curtiss worked as an electrician for Capital Electric Co., Leavenworth.
He was a 1964 graduate of Lansing High School, Lansing, and had attended Emporia State University, Emporia.
He was also a member of the Electrician's Union local No. 124, Leavenworth.
He married Carole Murphy on Feb. 29, 1980, in Leavenworth. She died Feb. 28, 1996.
Survivors include his mother, Cloviss E. Curtiss, Leavenworth; two sons, Patrick Murphy, Lawrence, and Shawn Murphy, Atsugi, Japan; and a sister, Phyllis P. Evans, Techumseh.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie School Board OKs putting LOB question on ballot
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes