Obituary: Wanita Marie Greathouse
Services for Wanita Marie Greathouse, 87, Tonganoxie, will be 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 23, 2004, at Tonganoxie Christian Church. Burial will be at 2 p.m. Friday in Mount Hope Cemetery, Humboldt.
Mrs. Greathouse died Monday, Jan. 19, 2004, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She was born May 21, 1916, in Savonsburg, the daughter of Herbert D. and Lena (Cunningham) Barnett.
She had been an owner of Reliable Meat Co., Kansas City, Mo. She was a member of the Christian Church and the TLC club, both of Tonganoxie.
On June 16, 1962, she married Waco Greathouse. Her first husband, Marion Yount, had preceded her in death in 1961 and Waco Greathouse died in 1982.
Survivors include a stepson, Jerry Greathouse, Sunrise Beach, Mo.; a stepdaughter, Sharrie Breedlove, Versailles, Mo.; a sister, Jo A. Starcher, Tonganoxie; two nephews, Jerry and Ron Starcher, both of Tonganoxie; two nieces, Dixie Jones, McLouth, and Rhonda Stange, Chanute; and three stepgrandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
Friends may call 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
More like this story
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck