County hires interim engineer
Former assistant to serve until director hired
The Leavenworth County Commission appointed David Lutgen to serve as interim director of the county's public works department. Lutgen has been working as the assistant county engineer in the public works department.
Commission chairman Don Navinsky said Tuesday that the county would likely advertise to fill the position, and added that Lutgen is eligible to apply.
The vacancy was created by the departure of civil engineer Dave Mahoney, 45, who served as director of the public works department for more than 10 years.
At the Jan. 12 commission meeting, commissioners declined to renew Mahoney's contract.
Commissioner Joe Daniels said there were no hard feelings involved on the part of the commissioners, and Mahoney said he was looking forward to moving on in his career.
More like this story
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens