Mildred E. Florence
Services for Mildred E. Florence, 92, Basehor, were Saturday, Jan. 24, 2004, at Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, Bonner Springs. Burial was in Glenwood Cemetery, Basehor.
Mrs. Florence died Jan. 20, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center. She was born June, 6, 1911, in Basehor, the daughter of Chris and Ella Kemler.
She attended Basehor schools and graduated in 1929 from Basehor High School. Before she was married, she worked as the switchboard operator for Southwestern Bell in Basehor.
She married George E. Florence on April 8, 1939. He died in 1996.
She was a member of Basehor United Methodist Church and of the Basehor Senior Citizens Club.
Survivors include two sons, Ronald "Rusty" Florence, and Wayne Florence, both of Basehor; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Basehor United Methodist Church, sent in care of Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs, 66012.
More like this story
- Hot (pink) shot for Tonganoxie High golfer
- Tonganoxie High standout Cook to run cross country, track at Baker University
- Confirmed mountain lion sightings rise in Missouri, Kansas
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie Fire Department's Ryan Bennett
- Tonganoxie girls golf puts finishing touches on inaugural season at Spring Hill regional