Charles A. Carmitchel Jr
Services for Charles A. Carmitchel Jr., 75, Basehor, were Monday, July 12, 2004, at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie. Burial was in Glenwood Cemetery, Basehor.
Mr. Carmitchel died Wednesday, July 7, 2004, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. He was born Aug. 3, 1928, in Mount Carmel, Pa., the son of Charles A. and Erma (George) Carmitchel, Sr.
He served in the Army during World War II as staff sergeant in Alaska, where he was a member of the rescue ski team, a rifle marksman and a decoder in the Signal Corp. He worked 41 years as a mechanical engineer for Massaglis-Neustrom-Bredson Consulting Engineers, Kansas City, Mo.
On Aug. 4, 1951, Mr. Carmitchel married Ramona Lee Odneal. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include four sons, Richard, Alan, Doug and Chuck, all of Basehor; a daughter, Teresa Jones, Tonganoxie; nine grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and three stepgreat-grandchildren. Two grand-children preceded him in death.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it