City mill rate likely to drop next year
Although it will need final approval at an upcoming council meeting, Tonganoxie's mill levy likely will be set at 33.756.
And that's a slight decrease from last year's 33.969 mill rate.
This year, taxes on a house valued at $150,000 are $585.97. Taxes at the same value for 2005 would be $582.29.
But values aren't holding steady in Leavenworth County, so it's likely that taxpayers could see a slight increase in their taxes used to finance city services next year.
¢ For a look at the mill levy and valuation during the past few years, see page 7A.
More like this story
- KSU students to go on the road to care for shelter animals
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas State reports increased rabies cases so far this year
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County