Obituary: Floyd Eugene Lawrence
Services for Floyd Eugene Lawrence, 74, McLouth, will be at 10 a.m. today, July 28, 2004, at Davis Funeral Chapel in Leavenworth, with the Rev. Garrett Drake officiating. Burial will be in McLouth Cemetery.
Mr. Lawrence died Friday, July 23, 2004, at St. John Hospital in Leavenworth. He was born Feb. 4, 1930, in McLouth, the son of Floyd Alfred and Edna May Spray Lawrence.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Mr. Lawrence was a lifetime farmer and was a forklift operator, working for Civil Service. He retired in 1990 from Fort Leavenworth.
He was a member of Springdale Friends Church, the Masonic Lodge AF&AM, Henri Lodge No. 1990 of Tonganoxie; and Eastern Star Rinda Chapter No. 82.
Survivors include his wife, Barbara Ann (Dale) Lawrence, of the home; a daughter Sherly Ann Crawford, Oskaloosa; two sons, Kevin Eugene Lawrence, McLouth, and Keith Allen Lawrence, Des Moines, Iowa; a stepson, Dale Minear, Trafalgar, Ind.; and 10 grandchildren. A stepson, James Minear, preceded him in death.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Leavenworth Hospice, 920 Sixth Ave., Leavenworth 66048 or to Springdale Friends Church, sent in care of Ed Gillaspie, 104 Gardner, Easton 66020.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers