Three county businesses earn merit awards
Three Lansing businesses, including Daniel's B-B-Q restaurant, which also operates in Tonganoxie, have been honored with merit awards from the Kansas Department of Commerce.
The three companies were among several in east-central Kansas that were recognized for the contributions they make to their communities and to the state economy.
Merit awards were given to Speedway Chrysler Dodge Jeep and Associates in Family Health Care, as well as Daniel's B-B-Q. The awards were presented in conjunction with a celebration of Kansas Business Appreciation Month.
According to the state commerce department, Daniel's, which also operates a restaurant in Tonganoxie, was nominated for the honor by the city of Lansing.
The commerce department said:
- Established in 1994, Daniel's donates to the local parent-teachers association, as well as the local football, basketball, and baseball programs. The company also supports the Leavenworth County Fair and Leavenworth Rodeo.
- Associates in Family Health Care, Lansing, which also was nominated by the city of Lansing, was established in 1972. The full-service medical clinic provides family and internal medicine, pediatrics, as well as lab, x-rays, and MRI services. Associates Family Health Care sponsor area schools' organizations and athletic programs. The company also provides support for a variety of community events including Tiblow Days, health fairs, and the Lansing DAZE festival.
- Speedway Chrysler Dodge Jeep, Leavenworth, nominated by the city of Lansing, supports a wide array of community events including the annual community festival, Lansing DAZE, Leavenworth County Rodeo, and Riverfest. The owner has participated in career day at the local high school and has been a guest speaker at Kansas City Kansas Community College.
More like this story
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Remember When: A Community Review for Jan. 28, 2017
- Tonganoxie youth wins NFL Punt, Pass and Kick competition
- Tonganoxie wrestlers are KVL co-kings
- Tonganoxie Public Library starts new bear-naming contest