Obituary: George E. Harriman
Services for George E. Harriman, 78, Lawrence, were Monday, June 28, 2004, at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie, with the Rev. Mike Vernon officiating. Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Harriman died Thursday, June 24, 2004, at Pioneer Ridge Retirement Community. He was born March 31, 1926, in Dearing, Kan., the son of George E. and Frances W. (Elliott) Harriman.
On April 28, 1947, he married Glendean Rowbottom in Independence, Kan.
He was a 1944 graduate of Field McKinley High School, Coffeyville. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II who served in the Pacific theater. He was a member of the Alfred Clarke Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 852 in Lawrence.
He retired in 1988 as a pipefitter and was a member of the Plumbers and Pipefitters Union Local 441, Lawrence.
His wife, Glendean Harriman, died on March 3, 1996, and his brother, William Harriman, died in 1994.
Survivors include a son, George E. Harriman III, Edwardsville; two daughters, Leah Rurode, Baldwin, and Susan Quisenberry, Tonganoxie; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Douglas County Hospice or Holcomb Park Recreation Center, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Some Tonganoxie residents unhappy with roaming buffalo
- Kansas AG plans to appeal ruling blocking anti-abortion law
- Analysis: Kansas abortion ruling could have sweeping effects