Obituary: Judy K. Cheek
Graveside services for former Leavenworth County resident Judy K. Cheek, 62, Baldwin, were Monday, June 28, 2004, in Oak Hill Cemetery, Lawrence.
Mrs. Cheek died Thursday, June 24, 2004, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She was born Jan. 29, 1942, in Lawrence, the daughter of Archie and Arlene (Anderson) Morris.
Mrs. Cheek was a homemaker.
She married Vernon Cheek on Oct. 12, 1990, in Miami, Okla. He survives of the home.
Other survivors include three daughters, Kimberly K. Brown, Richmond, Mo., Pamela Sue Landon, Baldwin, and Regina Bonnel, Nortonville; two sons, Mark Douglas Stoker, Baldwin, and Wade Cheek, Lawrence; a sister, Cheryl Flessing, Lawrence; and eight grandchildren.
A grandson died earlier.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society, sent in care of Warren-McElwain Mortuary, Lawrence.
E-mail condolences may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Cheek.
More like this story
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Free speech group urges KU to exonerate professor who used N-word in class
- Tonganoxie selects Prairie View administrator as latest schools superintendent
- Tonganoxie City Council's Reed to challenge O'Brien for Kansas House seat
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research