Otis Cecil Box
Services for Otis Cecil Box, 97, Basehor, were Monday, March 1, 2004, at Alden-Harrington Funeral Home in Bonner Springs. Burial was in Glenwood Cemetery near Basehor.
Mr. Box died Friday, Feb. 27, 2004, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center. He was born Aug. 15, 1906, in Eudora, Mo., the son of Thomas and Mary Belle Box. He moved to the Kansas City area in the 1920s.
Mr. Box worked for Russell Stover Candies Inc. in Kansas City, Mo., for more than 18 years before he began a long career in dairy farming. He attended West Haven Baptist Church in Tonganoxie.
His wife of 71 years, Lois Box, died in April 2000. A son, Ted, died in 1987.
Survivors include six sons, Louis Box, Linwood, Robert A. Box, Bella Vista, Ark., Jerry O. Box, Arab, Ala., Fred Box, Basehor, Larry Box, Baldwin, and Charles Box, Springfield, Mo.; two daughters, Joyce Williams, Lawrence, and Janet Rudd, Morehead City, N.C.; a sister, Mary Belle Nichols, Hamilton; 26 grandchildren; and 35 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the church, sent in care of the funeral home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs, 66012.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie area firefighters gather at THS for annual training
- Pilot killed in Wichita crash ID'd as former Cessna engineer
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- At the helm in Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings