Obituary: Charlene R. Jons
Services for Charlene Rose Jons, 70, Bonner Springs, were Saturday at the Alden-Harrington Funeral home in Bonner Springs. Burial was in Glenwood Cemetery near Basehor.
Mrs. Jons died March 2, 2004, at her home. She was born June 12, 1933, in Kansas City, Mo.
She graduated in 1951 from Washington High School in Kansas City, Kan. She was a farm wife and was active in 4-H and was a leader for her children's clubs. Later, she worked for several years at the Basehor Veterinary Clinic.
An infant son died in 1960.
Survivors include her husband of 44 years, Roy Jons, of the home; two sons, David Jons and Gary L. Jons, both of Bonner springs; and a daughter, Jennifer Jons, Bonner Springs.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society or to the Leavenworth Hospice, sent in care of the funeral home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs, 66012.
More like this story
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie City Council puts hold on rezoning vote
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes