Obituary: James Freeman “Bud” Acock
Services for James Freeman "Bud" Acock, 87, Bonner Springs, will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 18, 2004, at Community of Christ Church, 130 Metropolitan, Bonner Springs. Burial will be in Bonner Springs Cemetery.
Mr. Acock died March 12, 2004, at his home. He was born Dec. 8, 1916, in Farmington, Mo.
He was a carpenter and builder in the Bonner Springs area his entire life, and he actually built the Community of Christ Church where his services will be held. Mr. Acock was a member of the Linwood Lions Club.
Survivors include his wife of 68 years, Anna L. Acock of the home; two sons, James Albert Acock, Camp Verde, Ariz., and Larry Burton Acock, Phoenix; two daughters, Nancy Louise Brazee of the home and Cheryl Ann Acock, Lawrence; two sisters, Jane Hedy, Albany, Ore., and Shirley Routh, Bonner Springs; 15 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today, March 17, at the church. Alden-Harrington Funeral Home handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High has 6 all-league selections
- Alumni banquets are Saturday for Tonganoxie, McLouth
- McLouth basketball player named to all-Northeast Kansas League team; THS representatives on all-Journal-World list
- Tonganoxie High forensics nabs more state qualifications at Baldwin, Lawrence
- Tonganoxie, McLouth student-athletes named to all-Lawrence Journal-World teams