Bulldogs push mark to 11-1 after sweep
McLouth just keeps the victories coming.
The Bulldogs swept Pomona on Monday in Pomona, 7-5 and 10-7, improving their record to 11-1.
In game one, McLouth scored in all but two innings. MHS never trailed, but had just a 6-5 lead before the Bulldogs iced the game in the top of the seventh with an insurance run.
In game two, McLouth trailed 7-5 in the sixth, but rallied in the seventh with two runs and then finished off Pomona with an extra inning, scoring three more in the top of the eighth.
Ashley Alloway pitched five innings of no-hit ball before Christy Gunther came in for the final two innings. Gunther gave up one hit in relief.
In the second game, Emily Nitzsche, Leigh Anna Thompson and Alloway pitched against Pomona. Alloway picked up another win as she pitched the final three innings.
Nitzsche also provided assistance with the bat. She led the team in hits with three in the second game.
R H E
McLouth 022 110 1 -- 7 4 6
Pomona 002 030 0 -- 5 1 6
R H E
McLouth 001 022 23 -- 10 8 8
Pomona 011 221 00 -- 7 2 7
More like this story
- Coffeyville weathers Amazon job losses better than expected
- Midwest economy: February glance at Kansas, Missouri
- Kansas governor wants no tax debate, expects no budget drama
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Kansas efficiency consultants outline $2 billion in savings, efficiencies over five years