Obituary: Carl O. Peterson
A memorial service for Carl O. Peterson, 87, Linwood, will be from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 15, 2004, at the family farm. He was cremated.
Mr. Peterson died Friday, May 7, 2004, at Manor Care in Overland Park. He was born July 26, 1916, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of David and Florence Peterson.
Mr. Peterson served in World War II with the 3820th Quartermaster Gasoline Supply Company and participated in the Normandy Invasion. He was a dairy farmer until his retirement.
Survivors include two sisters, Ruth Zimmerli, Kansas City, Kan., and Marjorie Motter, Overland Park.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Lung Association, sent in care of Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs 66012.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle
- Young would-be robber's effort stymied by clerk's stare
- Kansas student, 13, arrested after bringing gun to school