Obituary: Clifford L. Matheny
Graveside services for Clifford L. Matheny, 86, Grain Valley, Mo., were Saturday, May 8, 2004, at Wildhorse Cemetery, McLouth.
Mr. Matheny died last Wednesday, May 5, 2004, at St. Mary's Hospital, Blue Springs, Mo. He was born June 11, 1917, in Olsburg, the son of Leonard L. and Edna Pearl (Glover) Matheny.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He retired from Chicago Kansas City Freight in 1978.
He was a member of Cross Creek Baptist Mission in Grain Valley, Mo., and Local No. 41.
On July 5, 1937, he married Rachel Moore. She died in 1994. On May 1, 1995, he married Irene Hayward. She died in 2000.
Survivors include a stepdaughter, Marcia Ball, Kansas City, Mo.; two stepgrandchildren; a niece, Judy Evans, Tonganoxie; and nine cousins, Frances Sink, Spring Hill, Flossie Smith, Lee's Summit, Mo., Dorothy Smith, Topeka, Clarence Seaver, McLouth, Billy Seaver, Kimberling City, Mo., Charlene Snell, Oskaloosa, Darlene Overbaugh, Tongan-oxie, Lena Thompson, Ozark, Mo., and Bertha Wilmot, Chanute.
More like this story
- McConnell helps airman cope with loss of infant son
- Volunteers to fire up engines on historic bomber 'Doc'
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development graduates 12 students for 2015-16
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Jamie Bowser
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie USD 464 human resources clerk Meagan Vestal