Obituary: Nadine Hanek
Memorial services for Nadine Henak, 88, were Friday, May 7, 2004, at Quisenberry Chapel, Tonganoxie. Cremation with private inurnment was planned in Hubbel Hill Cemetery.
Mrs. Henak died May 3, 2004, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She was born Jan. 30, 1916, in Bonner Springs, the daughter of William and Lula (Hoffhines) Lamb.
She worked for Stokely-Van Kamp Co., Lawrence, and managed the Tonganoxie Swim-ming Pool from 1953 to 1962. She was a 1934 graduate of Linwood High School and a member of the Tonganoxie United Methodist Church.
On April 22, 1936, she married Charles W. Henak in Reno, Kan., and they recently celebrated their 68th wedding anniversary.
Survivors include her husband, Charles, of the home; a son, Ronald Henak, McLouth; a daughter, Carol Jacobs, Tonganoxie; a sister, Margaret Archer, Martinez, Calif.; four grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Pioneer Ridge Activities Fund, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Brains bring bank for Tonganoxie High School
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development graduates 12 students for 2015-16
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Kansas battles pay-related turnover among prison staff
- Free speech group urges KU to exonerate professor who used N-word in class