City offering auto bill payment
Paying the city's water bill will be easier than ever.
Kathy Bard, assistant city administrator, said Tonganoxie residents who want to can now have their water bill automatically withdrawn from their bank account.
"Just fill out the registration form with us, attach a voided check and we'll set it up with the bank," Bard said.
The city's water bill will still arrive in the mail each month, but those who are on the automatic payment plan won't have to pull out their checkbooks. The money will be automatically withdrawn from the account on the day the water bill is due, which is the 20th of every month. But Bard noted there will be exceptions when the 20th falls on a weekend or on a holiday. For instance, in June, the 20th falls on a Sunday, so the water bills will be deducted from accounts on the 18th, Bard said.
The process will save city water customers the hassle of driving to city hall or mailing them a letter.
"It's pretty exciting," Bard said. "There's no stamps and you don't have to come to city hall -- no more 'I forgots.'"
Bard said one city resident had already signed up.
"A lot of people have asked us or called us wanting to do it," she said.
More like this story
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions
- Remember When: A Community Review for June 14, 2017
- Tonganoxie VFW, American Legion planning Memorial Day weekend services
- Remember When: A Community Review for Jan. 31, 2018
- Remember When: A Community Review for Feb. 28, 2018