Board approves upkeep at high school track
At a special school board meeting Monday night, board members voted to repair the high school track.
The board members accepted a $15,500 bid from McConnell & Associates. The work will cover cleaning, patching, and installing a two-coat application of Plexitrac coating. In addition the work includes painting lines and adding hurdle markings.
The bid also includes the addition of synthetic surface to the long jump and pole vault runways, as well as repairs to the high jump area.
Board members voted to go into a 30-minute executive session, citing personnel negotiations and attorney client privileges. Two more sessions were called -- one for 20 minutes and another for 15 minutes.
When board members returned from executive session they took the following actions:
- Accepted the resignation of junior high science teacher Jaime Keeler.
- Approved the hiring of: Jessica Stukus as high school art teacher, Susan Steele as junior high Spanish teacher, Tracey Waldeier as elementary para professional and Dianne Mahoney as fifth-grade teacher.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie wrestling tough on the road
- Multiple medalists from Tonganoxie
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie City FD Capt. Adam Griffith
- McLouth basketball player named to all-Northeast Kansas League team; THS representatives on all-Journal-World list
- Technology award for Tonganoxie Community Historical Society