New time for kickoff of Tonganoxie-Hayden game; directions to stadium
Game starts at 2:30 p.m.
Saturday's Tonganoxie-Hayden football playoff game has been set for 2:30 p.m. in Topeka -- a half-hour earlier than the time originally agreed to, THS athletics director Brandon Parker said Thursday.
The Chieftains (9-1) defeated Basehor-Linwood, 34-10, Tuesday in Tonganoxie, while the Wildcats (10-0) defeated Marysville, 29-0, Tuesday in Topeka.
The regional game will be played on Hayden's home field, located at 401 SW Gage Blvd. in Topeka. Originally, the game was set for 3 p.m., but Hayden school officials balked at the 3 p.m. start, so the game was moved up by a half-hour.
Directions to Hayden High are as follows:
Route No. 1
- Take U.S. Highway 24-40 to Lawrence.
- Get on the Kansas Turnpike at the East Lawrence exit and travel west on Interstate-70.
- Take I-70 West to the Gage Blvd. exit (Exit 358B)
- Turn left onto Gage Blvd. (You will be traveling south).
- Hayden High and its football stadium, will be on the right side of the road on SW Gage Blvd.
Route No. 2
- Take U.S. Highway 24-40 toward Lawrence.
- North of Lawrence, where U.S. 24-40 meets 24-59, take a right onto U.S. 24-59 (north).
- Take Highway 24 to Topeka.
- In Topeka, take the U.S. Highway 75 South exit.
- From U.S. 75, merge onto Gage Blvd.
- Head south on Gage Blvd. to Hayden High and its stadium, which is located on the right side of the road on SW Gage Blvd.
More like this story
- Kansas GOP touts school funding law; districts look to cut
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas Senate panel's budget debate part of crowded agenda
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race